results from a recent survey published by Ansonalex.com
- 93% of students who own phones, use them to send text messages.
- 89% of colleges surveyed send text message alerts in emergency situations.
- 100% of universities surveyed had a Facebook account.
- 80% of of universities had a Twitter account.
- 70% of universities had a YouTube account.
- Many universities are offering free courses available online:
Stanford University | Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Johns Hopkins University
- 3D printers are becoming more popular in educational environments.
- E-books continue to replace traditional textbooks.
- Virtual college counseling is continuing to rise in prominence.
- Video game-based learning is becoming continuously more effective.
- Educational institutions are continuing to adopt cloud-based technology.